When Apple revealed the iPad 2 at the March 2 media event, it also announced an upgrade to its Mobile operating system which will come along with iPad 2.
Apple recently released the latest version of its Mobile operating system, iOS 4.3. This update contains new features and improvements like Personal hotspot and iTunes Home sharing. It is now live and available to download for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV.
Below is a detailed list of all the features that are included in this major update of Apple Mobile OS, iOS 4.3:
- Personal Hotspot – Share iPhone 4 mobile data connection with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
- iTunes Home Sharing – Play music, films and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
- New AirPlay features – Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes reviews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
- Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
- HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter – View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
- Ping feature
- Push notifications for comments and follow requests
- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
- Parental controls
- New Settings
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
- Single-tap conference-call dialling with a pause to send a passcode
- Bug fixes
The below Apple products are compatible with Apple iOS 4.3:
- iPhone 4 (GSM model)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1 and iPad 2
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPod touch (3rd generation)
If you have not already downloaded iOS 4.3, you can do so by connecting your Apple device to iTunes.