With huge vibes all around the internet, for the on going iPhone event at the Apple Cupertino event, we also thought of publishing the Apple announcements along with photos.
So, here we go.
[Note: This post is being updates frequently so, please refresh your page :)]
Tim Cook started off with the review of the new Apple stores in China. Two new stores in China, with a record visitors in the first weekend. We directly pop over to the much awaited stuff from Apple iPhone event – iOS5 and the new iPhone.
iOS 5 is coming on 12 October
iOS 5 features:
- One of the most exciting features of iOS 5 is notifications which are visible from top by swiping down – like Android.
- It has got iMessage, just like Blackberry messenger or Whatsapp which can be used to send messages between iOS devices.
- iOS 5 has got Reminders app which is location-aware
- Twitter integration
- iOS5 comes with newsstand
- Camera app has been upgraded and you can access the camera from the unlock screen without having to put in your PIN. Also, you can use the volume up button to take a photo.
- Awesome safari updates – reader features. Syncs between iOS devices — save once, read everywhere.
- Wireless iOS updates – the much awaited feature which means you do not need a computer to apply the latest iOS update.
Eddy Cue is up on the stage to talk about iCloud. iCloud is free and will be available on October 12 as well. I just wonder if the next iPhone will also be available on the same day 😉
Features of iCloud:
- iCloud is free for iOS 5 and Lion users.
- You can download and re-download your music or media anytime and on any device.
- Apps and books are also re-downloaded via to iClouds too.
- iCloud does daily backup for contacts and calendar events across all devices.
New App: Find my Friends (you can tell their longitude and Latitude, from this application)
iOS 5 is a huge upgrade for the iPod touch, and so is iCloud.
"Wherever you are, this amazingly thin iPod can have access to all of your music, all of your books.", says Phil Shiller who is on stage to talk about iPod.
Here comes the new iPhone – a reason we all are excited 😀
"I’m really pleased to tell you today about the brand new iPhone 4S." – Finally 😉
iPhone 4S features:
- Retina display
- It has the A5 chip
- up to 2x faster than before, with dual-core graphics, which are said to be seven times faster than previous iPhone.
- iPhone 4S is a world phone, available both in GSM and CDMA.
- It has a fantastic Battery life – 4S will offer eight hours of 3G talk time. Six hours of browsing, 9 hours on WiFi. 10 hours of video, and 40 hours of music.
- New upgraded camera with 8 Megapixel sensor, that’s 3264 x 2448 – new camera comes with Face detection technology and 26 percent better white balance
- 1080p HD video recording
- Download speeds will increase up to 2x, say 14 mbps, as compared to the iPhone 4.
- AirPlay Mirroring – you can do it wirelessly or wired.
- Assistant feature is called Siri Time and with the demo going on, the Assistant is awesome 🙂
- The Assistant SiriTime is being demoed and Scott is on the stage shown how it works with simply holding the Home button and you can start asking question about weather, walking directions or set an alarm with its help. Ask any good restaurants nearby to Siri and it will search the list for you. Siri is amazing!!
- Still talking about Siri – its one more feature called dictation.
Summarising iPhone 4S features:
- Availability and Pricing: Black and white versions 16GB: $199, 32GB for $299, 64GB for $399. Pre-orders start this Friday – 07 October
- The iPhone 4 will be now $99 for 8GB. The 8GB 3GS will be free on contract.
- It will hit US, Canada, Australia, the UK, France, Germany, and Japan on 14 October. In the US, it will be available on these carriers – Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint!
- It will be rolled out to 22 more countries on 28th October and unfortunately, India is not on the 28th Oct list It will be made available in 70 more countries by the end of the year.
And, thatâ€™s it. No iPhone 5 this time 🙁
Image Credits: Engadget
[…] iPhone As announced at the Apple â€œLetâ€™s talk iPhoneâ€ event last week, Apple has finally unveiled the latest version of iOS, its mobile operating […]